Sunday, November 30, 2008

Confession Sunday

One of my good friends does a "Confession Sunday" on her blog. (Thanks Shalene!!) I thought it was a cute idea. Her confessions have been so funny. So I thought I'd do one of my own "confessions" for today's post. I've been trying to think of a confession that was Sunday appropriate, and wasn't too terrible that I could share with all of you. I also wanted it to be something most of you don't know about me.

So here is MY confession. I dream of being a publishing author. I have written 7 children's books. And now, I am in the middle of an LDS romance novel that I've been working on for the past year or so. With the children's books I have printed them out, laminated them and bound them together for my boys to read. "I love it when..." is the start of each title. I've written about using sign language, swimming lessons, botanical garden, going to the beach and others. It's been a lot of fun and the boys love it too.

My romance novel is AWESOME!! (Stephenie Meyer, you are my hero!) The story has been in my head for years. It's a lot harder to get it down on paper though. I dream about it all the time and wake up to write things down before I forget them. As you probably have already guessed I'm not great in the English department. With Scott's help, I have finally gotten the overall story down, and I am now breaking it up into sections and augmenting each chapter with the little details I still have in my head and just have not jotted down yet.

With the right amount of persuasion, I just might highlight certain parts on my blog for my readers to chime in with their thoughts and comments. We will see....

3 Comments:

Chandy said...

Keep writing! That is awesome!
I think it's great that you have all those stories that your family knows you have written. My daughter Lisa's been working on her fiction teen novel since last year and we are just so excited for her.

Chandy said...

Google the title, Christmas Orange and you can find a few variations. The best kind of oranges to share is either the clementines or the mandarin oranges because they peel easy.

Have them peel while before you start the story and separate the segments, towards the end of the story, exchange one segment with everyone, have them reform the oranges into one fruit and see what it looks and feels like. Then enjoy!

Kara said...

That's awesome Lori! I have a ton of children's book ideas in my crazy head...I've love to write and illustrate them. Write on girl! I want a sneak peek at the romance novel ;)