Monday, April 20, 2009

NO training wheels!


Tyler just got a new bike last week and has been riding it all over the place, as often as he can. Just like cute Gavin. I've been wanting to take off those darn training wheels, just never seemed to have enough time. Honestly, I think it's Scott's responsibility to do that with the boys, but he is so super busy. (like always!) On Saturday, after the boys returned from their Father and Sons outing, we headed to the park. The entire walk to the park I talked to him about maybe there would be some falling, it's not easy, takes time to learn, blah, blah, blah. I brought my tools and took off the training wheels with ease and Tyler was ready to go! We started on the grass and I held the back of his seat. He was off and I was running behind him thinking oh, my he's got this the first try! I didn't let go though....Second attempt, still on the grass just in case of a fall, i let go running right behind him. Third attempt on the side walk and he zooms so far ahead of me I can't catch up. Tyler continues to cruse all over the sidewalk loop into the street, over the speed bumps, back around to the sidewalk, and stops. Like he's been doing this for years. What a cool kid he is!

I immediately called over Jackson so he could give it a try. He too picked it up on the second or third try. But you could tell he was just way to big for Tyler's bike. So Jack tried it out on Will's bike. Again, he got it and did really well. Now Jack is going to save his money, like Tyler did, to buy himself a new bike.

2 Comments:

Mamathom and Papathom said...

WAY TO GO TYLER AND JACKSON - Proud of you. I know you had fun. Keep up the great job. Love you.

Chandy said...

Woohoo! Great job boys!