Friday, April 17, 2009

One week down...

Well, I haven't been the greatest at scripture study with the boys as I should be. We do FHE and nightly family prayer. I usually read a short story from one of the many LDS board books, but knew it was time to read the stories straight out of the scriptures. So, every morning this week I get up and read with the boys for about 5-10 minutes before they go to school. They catch the bus at 7:30 so we sit around our FHE rug about 7:15 and read. One morning I was still sleeping and cute Will came in and woke me up! YEAH!

It's been real interesting because it seems like each day we read there is a little part of that story at least one of the boys are going through. Like this morning, all the boys are packing the car for their annual Father and Sons camp out. We were reading about Lehi moving to the wilderness, the murmuring sons, and leaving everything behind.

We read out of this Book of Mormon. Have you been this before? It's awesome! Fantastic pictures and it also highlights different words with a more simple explanation or description.

5 Comments:

Chandy said...

Oooh, I love how that copy looks! We don't have any deseret bookstore here, but I'll ask my in-laws about them in Utah.

Good job, Lori! Keep it up!

Jordan Family said...

check walmart...in the book dept. they have them! that's where we got ours and i love it! it makes the scriptures come so much more alive with the kiddos. we're working on 3 nephi and the kiddos are so proud that they're almost done with the book of mormon! it's cool to see the scriptures come alive for them!

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Great job Lori. Proud of you. It is good for the great start to their day. Love you.

rachel said...

We use that one!! Colby read during our nightly routine like a bedtime story but I don't know if they will sleep through church because of it OOPS!! Good job on being a morning reader!!

DoryQueen said...

Isn't that version of the BofM awesome? When the girls were little we read each morning and that's how they learned to read. We started out with just one verse a day and worked our way up to a chapter. I must admit we had some starts and stops with our reading. After the boys came and were a little older, we started up again. It took us 10 years, but we finally finished. On the last chapter we went to the temple and read it on the temple grounds and then had a mini testimony meeting. One of my favorite memories. Now for my personal reading I do readthescriptures.com I get my reading assignment through e-mail. Since I check e-mail everyday, I remember to read. Hugs!